Blogs > Lighten Up with Ellen

55-year-old Ellen Calhoun of Mentor said she wants to be more healthy to better enjoy her time with her grandchildren. The Mentor resident and her fellow-contestant husband Rick say they'll get active and cut out junk food at home.

Monday, April 23, 2012

Celabration

Well my husband went back to work today for the first time since surgery. It was nice to have him home for a while but it nice to be able to come home from work and relax instead  of him wanting me to take him somewhere cause he is bored. But that is o.k. I went to the doctors on Sat and got my blood results. My fasting glucose was 99 . Six months ago it was103. My A1C was6.4 now it is down to5.9  .My total cholesterol was166.Now it down to 120. My bad cholesterol was 98 Now it down to 73. My triglycerides was149 but now they are down to73.   I was very happy and so was the doctor So thank you for picking us for your contest Because my numbers probally would not be this good . I needed this motivation to get started.       

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home